Happy Monday, babes. I am so excited to share this fun post with you. For those of you who have been following me for some time, you know that I have been part of Style Collectivesince November, which is when I started this blog. I jumped on this opportunity to learn from A M A Z I N G women and network with brands. I can honestly say, it has been the best decision in blogging that I have made. In the past 6 months, I have made so many wonderful friends and shared tons of laughs and wine with these amazing ladies. I am honored to have been nominated for the Fearless Award by the Style CollectiveHWIC (Head Women In Charge), Annie Spano.
The Fearless Award is an award for #BOSSBABES who empower other women to do what they love! Style Collective is a platform for female influencers to connect, grow, and learn how to be successful bloggers and entrepreneurs. The Fearless Award is a way to empower and connect with other bloggers/Instagrammers that you want to get to know, affirm a girl boss you’ve always looked up to, share the love around your network, or encourage a new blogger/Instagrammer on her path!
Happy Wednesday, y’all! How has your week been so far? For me, I am just glad that we are a step closer to the weekend, if ya know what I mean. Anyway, does anyone else feel like they need a month long vacation every other month until December? Because I sure do. I’m planning a Christmas cruise and am 100% ready to leave today. Have any of you ladies been on a cruise lately? If so, let me know where were the best places you’ve been. I would love to research all of your suggestions and find the perfect place for me.
Today’s post is super short, but I am sharing my go-to spring/summer look with y’all. If you don’t know already, I am obsessed with white jeans. I love to wear them all year around and tend to have 3-5 pair at a time varying in length, fit and design (ripped or non-ripped). I pair them with a simple baby pink top I scored for $11 at Old Navy and my favorite Steve Madden wedges. This top is really comfortable and can be worn to work with straight leg pants or tucked into a skirt. I have it in 4 colors and wear at least one every week. This scarf is about 5 years old, so I can’t find it anywhere, but I Old Navy and Charlotte Russe are my go-to spots for new scarves and Plato’s closet, is where I go to get gently used scarves at a deep discount. My earrings and bracelets are from Rylee Leigh – aren’t they adorable? Arm parties are my favorite type of parties, so I love stacking all these bracelets together. These earrings are now my go-to pair because they are super cute, light and they compliment most outfits.
Well, that’s all that I have for you sweet friends today. I hope everyone had a wonderful day and an even better happy hour. *cheers*
Happy Friday, sweet readers. I feel like it has been forever since I have written a Friday 5 post, so I am trying to get back into the habit of it. For starters, how was your week? I am so thankful to have had a very calm week and I had a lot of time to catch up blogging, wind down from my job and enjoy some much needed relaxation. On top of relaxing, I had some time to prioritize my life and get some plans in order, which are the best things you can do when you feel like you’ve been running on E for the past 3 months. I can’t wait to share so many new things and changes that will be happening in the next few months with all of you. So, let’s get started with my Friday 5.
1. My week started off amazing. This week was the food truck rodeo in Raleigh, then I headed to Durham for dinner. As we were walking, we heard the best live band and end up at the rooftop bar of The Durham Hotel. Let me just tell you this, I haven’t been this happy to get lost in a very long time. The band was amazing, the view was incredible, the people were friendly and the drinks were good. It turned out to be a great pre-dinner stop. Not to mention, tap dancers from the area showed up and performed with the band (totally unexpected & not planned) and turns out, the vocalist talked about his run for mayor and keeping arts alive in Durham. How awesome is that? For those who don’t know, Durham has a huge visual and performing arts scene and is filled with tons of amazing artists that share their talents at multiple venues around town.
2. I am obsessed with this perfume from DefineMe Fragrance. I honestly have had this perfume for some time, but really like to use something a few times before really forming an opinion. And let me tell you, I will be restocking on the Sophia Isabelscent. It is the perfect balance between sweet and fresh, which I love for a light scent in the summer. Not to mention, I haven’t had any type of skin reactions to this, which is wonderful because a lot of the stronger scents that I find it stores cause a skin reaction. Not to mention, DefineMe Fragrance is a woman owned business and for every full-size bottle you buy, $1 get donated to She’s The First. Those of y’all who know me or have even talked to me for 10 minutes, know about my love for She’s The First. STF is a non-profit organization that raises funds to support girls’ education in low-income countries. It’s truly phenomenal and I have seen first hand, by being involved in a campus chapter with 8 scholars, the tremendous amount of work that She’s The First does. I’m all for women helping women and creating future #GirlBosses. I would definitely recommend checking out DefineMe Fragrance, read their story and try out the scents for yourself.
3. My favorite recent post is part of my new #WorkWearWednesday series. Check out the full post here and let me know your thoughts. I am super excited to start this fun series and would totally love any feedback. Also, feel free to let me know what your favorite work wear pieces are and what items you find to be more comfortable after a 8-12 hour day.
4. So here, I want to round up my 5 latest purchases. I have been on a crazy clearance and sale haul, now that I working full-time and trying to save more. I’ve snagged some cute work pieces and summer accessories all on sale H O L L A!
5. Lastly, I’m rounding up 5 of the items on my summer wishlist. I am currently working on updating this spot on my blog, but want to share some of the items I am loving and will definitely be grabbing in my next shopping haul.
Well, that’s all I have for you today friends. Leave me a comment below and let me know what you’re doing this and/or leave feedback for this post or another post. Thank you for reading 🙂