Happy FRI-YAY, sweet friends <3 I know I probably said this last week, but seriously, how/why was this week so long? I mean really, how does a 4 day week feel like forever? However, it’s the weekend & there’s no more snow. So I’m a happy girl. This week was amazing and challenging and rewarding in so many ways, which is why I have a lot of dun stuff to share in my Friday Five including books I got, sales and recent purchases. Let’s get started 🙂
- Books – So, this week I snagged Around The Way Girl, Big Little Lies & Truly Madly Guilty. I’ve heard wonderful things about all 3 of them, so I’m stoked to read. Click the links about or the pictures to read up on these. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed 🙂
- 5 Weekend Sales – No explanation needed – I just love sales
- 40% off everything at Express
- 25% off handbags, dresses & jeans at Francesca’s
- 50% off bras, pants & shorts at Victoria Secret
- 25% off sale items at Kate Spade
- All booties $20 at Charlotte Russe
- Lime Dot Shop – Y’all, I am loving this new boutique. Check out my recent purchases!
- 5 lessons learned this week
- You cannot rush perfection – trust me
- Partnership is the way to success – 2 are always better than 1
- Sleep is the best friend you’ll always need
- You have way more power than you think – use your voice
- Always have a backup plan…or 4
- 5 things coming to the blog soon
- Super fun collab + giveaway with Lime Dot Shop
- An office decor makeover featuring Cricket Lane Studio
- Book reviews – Part of my mission to read 50 books this year <3
- Where to buy the best monograms
- Jord giveaway ending 1/22 – Enter now!
I hope all of you have an amazing Friday <3
Happy first FRI-YAY of 2017! I can’t believe we are almost a week in. I also can’t believe that I made it through this week. (Am I the only one who was seriously struggling?) But, I’m so glad you guys are here. I have received so much awesome support and feedback on my new blog, because of that feedback, I will implementing changes on the blog this year. ICYMI, I put together a list of my goals and tips on how to set your goals here. So, let’s get start with this week’s Friday Five:
- This outfit combo – You honestly can never go wrong with a B&W combo. I snagged this sweater on clearance a few weeks back & pair it with my favorite white jeans. (ssshh, don’t tell anyone I’m wearing white after Labor Day). I’m basically twinsies with Lauren, from Simply Lauren Rose. We are wearing the same outfit basically. Check out hers here 🙂
- Skin Care – I make an effort to try new skin care products 1-2 times a month. I’m such a huge fan of face masks, serums, eye creams, lip moisturizer and everything else in between. So, this week I decided to try Rodan + Fields Enhancements Micro-Dermabrasion Paste and Redefining Night Renewing Serum. Let me tell y’all, I seriously loved them. My face felt as smooth as a baby’s bottom when I was done using the combo. If you don’t know much about Rodan Fields, here is some more info:
They offer skin care products for the 4 major skin concerns: Anti-aging; Sun damage and dark spots; Cystic, hormonal acne; Sensitive skin, rosacea, psoriasis and eczema. In addition, their products contain prescription medicine at a non-prescription strength, so you get similar products used at the Dermatologist without going to the Dermatologist office. It’s really a win/win. Speaking of wins, I will be hosting a giveaway with Rodan + Fields next week, so be on the lookout for that. My lovely friend Sonia help me through this process of finding what right me, if you want to know more. Contact Sonia: Insta | R + F site | Facebook | Email: email@example.com
- Framed wall decor – So if you follow me on Snapchat (username: azanique), you probably know that I am doing a ton is organization and cleaning in my apartment. I will revamping my desk wall area with some cool prints and wall art. Take a sneak peek at my first item from Hobby Lobby here.
- Monogrammed necklace– So recently, my gold monogrammed necklace broke and I have searched all over for another. I usually get acrylic monograms because I don’t wear them enough to invest $250 on a 18k gold one. Also, not in my college budget. So, one of my sweet blogging friends told me about Cora’s Den, a monogrammed shop, on Etsy. I’m ordering this one today & I could be more excited!
- This giveaway – Y’all, I am so exciting to be hosting my first giveaway with Jord! I have seriously adored their watches for so long & I absolutely love mine. Be sure to go here for my review. You can enter the giveaway there or directly here. Top prize is a $100 gift card and everyone else who enters will receive $25. Good luck <3
Well, that’s all for today friends. Stay warm & safe this weekend, as many areas on the east coast are expecting snow. Be sure to follow me on social media accounts: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook & Snapchat: Azanique. <3 I would love to hear about your experiences with R + F & if you entered my giveaway! Have a great weekend & whatever you do, remember to do it with Lots of Sass 🙂
Happy FriYAY sweet friends! I cannot believe that NYE is just around the corner. 2016 has been an exciting and challenging year for me in my personal, professional and academic life. I am so happy that I decided to start blogging in July, then changed directions to create to this fashion blog in November. I am so thankful for each and every one of you, who have supported my blog from the beginning. I honestly have so many exciting things planned for 2017! So, lets get down to my Friday Five.
- This outfit – Just a heads up, this outfit will be on repeat y’all. I love how comfy and cute it is. Perfect for the cool days we have been having and stylish enough for a date night or night on the town. Necklace // Earrings (Similar) // Top (similar) // Boots
- Book – Okay, so I started Present Over Perfect months ago. MONTHS y’all. If you know me, you know that my schedule is always cray busy but I have really been wanting to dedicate more time to reading this year. I am so happy that I was able to get back into this book this week. I highly recommend this for my Christian friends. Even if you’re not religious or are a different religion, I definitely think you could benefit from reading Present Over Perfect
- Holiday top – Okay, so I know Christmas is over but this top is staying in my closet rotation. The cowl neck gives it extra details and I love the fringe at the bottom. This top is also on a major sale, so it’s really a win/win right? Top // Boots // Watch // Bracelets
- Recent Purchases- I am constantly shopping and sharing tips on my Snapchat story. Even before I started fashion blogging, I loved taking my friends along, via Snapchat, to shop with me so I could ask their advice. So, this week on my Friday Five, I’m including my top 5 favorite purchases this week. This way, everyone has access to the direct link 🙂
5. Currently craving – Another change I’m making to the blog is adding an currently craving widget to my sidebar so my followers, all of you, can let me know what you like and dislike. So, here I am inserting my top 5 items I’m craving this week 🙂
Thanks for reading sweet friends. I hope this was helpful and answered any Snapchat and FB questions you had. While you’re here, go follow/add/like/subscribe to my social media pages.
Facebook // Twitter // Snapchat: Azanique // Pinterest
Be sure to subscribe by entering your email in my sidebar or in the header pop-up, so you can be the first to know about my new posts, giveaways and receive my newsletter. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post, where I am going to be rounding up the best post-holiday sales going on.
xoxo, Azanique <3