Happy Wednesday, y’all! How has your week been so far? For me, I am just glad that we are a step closer to the weekend, if ya know what I mean. Anyway, does anyone else feel like they need a month long vacation every other month until December? Because I sure do. I’m planning a Christmas cruise and am 100% ready to leave today. Have any of you ladies been on a cruise lately? If so, let me know where were the best places you’ve been. I would love to research all of your suggestions and find the perfect place for me.
Today’s post is super short, but I am sharing my go-to spring/summer look with y’all. If you don’t know already, I am obsessed with white jeans. I love to wear them all year around and tend to have 3-5 pair at a time varying in length, fit and design (ripped or non-ripped). I pair them with a simple baby pink top I scored for $11 at Old Navy and my favorite Steve Madden wedges. This top is really comfortable and can be worn to work with straight leg pants or tucked into a skirt. I have it in 4 colors and wear at least one every week. This scarf is about 5 years old, so I can’t find it anywhere, but I Old Navy and Charlotte Russe are my go-to spots for new scarves and Plato’s closet, is where I go to get gently used scarves at a deep discount. My earrings and bracelets are from Rylee Leigh – aren’t they adorable? Arm parties are my favorite type of parties, so I love stacking all these bracelets together. These earrings are now my go-to pair because they are super cute, light and they compliment most outfits.
Well, that’s all that I have for you sweet friends today. I hope everyone had a wonderful day and an even better happy hour. *cheers*
Happy Friday, sweet readers. I feel like it has been forever since I have written a Friday 5 post, so I am trying to get back into the habit of it. For starters, how was your week? I am so thankful to have had a very calm week and I had a lot of time to catch up blogging, wind down from my job and enjoy some much needed relaxation. On top of relaxing, I had some time to prioritize my life and get some plans in order, which are the best things you can do when you feel like you’ve been running on E for the past 3 months. I can’t wait to share so many new things and changes that will be happening in the next few months with all of you. So, let’s get started with my Friday 5.
1. My week started off amazing. This week was the food truck rodeo in Raleigh, then I headed to Durham for dinner. As we were walking, we heard the best live band and end up at the rooftop bar of The Durham Hotel. Let me just tell you this, I haven’t been this happy to get lost in a very long time. The band was amazing, the view was incredible, the people were friendly and the drinks were good. It turned out to be a great pre-dinner stop. Not to mention, tap dancers from the area showed up and performed with the band (totally unexpected & not planned) and turns out, the vocalist talked about his run for mayor and keeping arts alive in Durham. How awesome is that? For those who don’t know, Durham has a huge visual and performing arts scene and is filled with tons of amazing artists that share their talents at multiple venues around town.
2. I am obsessed with this perfume from DefineMe Fragrance. I honestly have had this perfume for some time, but really like to use something a few times before really forming an opinion. And let me tell you, I will be restocking on the Sophia Isabelscent. It is the perfect balance between sweet and fresh, which I love for a light scent in the summer. Not to mention, I haven’t had any type of skin reactions to this, which is wonderful because a lot of the stronger scents that I find it stores cause a skin reaction. Not to mention, DefineMe Fragrance is a woman owned business and for every full-size bottle you buy, $1 get donated to She’s The First. Those of y’all who know me or have even talked to me for 10 minutes, know about my love for She’s The First. STF is a non-profit organization that raises funds to support girls’ education in low-income countries. It’s truly phenomenal and I have seen first hand, by being involved in a campus chapter with 8 scholars, the tremendous amount of work that She’s The First does. I’m all for women helping women and creating future #GirlBosses. I would definitely recommend checking out DefineMe Fragrance, read their story and try out the scents for yourself.
3. My favorite recent post is part of my new #WorkWearWednesday series. Check out the full post here and let me know your thoughts. I am super excited to start this fun series and would totally love any feedback. Also, feel free to let me know what your favorite work wear pieces are and what items you find to be more comfortable after a 8-12 hour day.
4. So here, I want to round up my 5 latest purchases. I have been on a crazy clearance and sale haul, now that I working full-time and trying to save more. I’ve snagged some cute work pieces and summer accessories all on sale H O L L A!
5. Lastly, I’m rounding up 5 of the items on my summer wishlist. I am currently working on updating this spot on my blog, but want to share some of the items I am loving and will definitely be grabbing in my next shopping haul.
Well, that’s all I have for you today friends. Leave me a comment below and let me know what you’re doing this and/or leave feedback for this post or another post. Thank you for reading 🙂
Happy, happy Wednesday friends. I am so so so, super duper pumped for this new series. I have been thinking on this idea for months and finally have had time to pull it together and really create a fun vision. I will be sharing #WorkWearWednesday post twice a month for the entire summer. EEEK! It honestly took me forever to pick a schedule for this series, but with much input from y’all and research, I think twice a month will be the best.
Speaking of work, many of you know that I graduated just a little over a month ago from college. Since then, I have been working a full-time job while trying to juggle blogging, volunteering, conferences and finishing up some research. So I deeply apologize for being MIA and completely off of my posting schedule/routine. Because of that, not only is this series for my readers who have asked/emailed/snapchat me about work items, but also for me to step up my consistency.
For my first post in my #WorkWearWednesday series, I wanted to start with a couple of key pieces. First, is a basic black cardigan. I honestly wear this cardigan more than I would like to admit, however, I have had it for 2 years and can quickly throw it on and/or leave it at the office for a go-to sweater during meetings. Second, abasic white tank. Honestly, I go through basic tanks like it is no one’s business, but basic color tanks (black, white, grey) are a must have for your wardrobe. I tend to buy two when they are on sale, so I can stock up. Solid tanks for good for layering in the fall, to go under sweaters in the winter or wear alone/with a light cardigan or shaw during spring. This one was only $4 atOld Navy! Budget friendly and a key piece of a capsule wardrobe – so win/win. Next, I love these two strap heels. A classic black pair of pumps could easily be a replacement in the outfit and still look amazing. Lastly, is this coral pencil skirt. Bottoms tend to be where when I spend most of my money for work clothes because I like them to be a little fun. I am and have been, a sucker for bright printcolors/patterns, so I feel like splurging on bottoms are always a good idea. So here, the cost of this skirt $35, which is pretty average with pencil skirts. I tend to stock up on these when they are on clearance. JCrew Factoryis a great place to find pencil skirts on clearance and when they are on sale, can cost $20 or less.This classic skirt is from my girl, Lynn, and you can find her LLR Facebook page here. There are tons of places to get good qualitypencil skirts and I tend to where them often not only for work but for church, weddings and a few other places. Pair this look with a functional bag and simple jewelry, and you’ll be good to go!
I hope y’all enjoy this series as much as I will. Let me know in the comments what your go-to classic work pieces! I would love to know 🙂