This post was sponsored by Winc. As always, all opinions are my own.
Happy Wednesday, lovely readers. You made it to hump day & you’re one step closer to Friday [throws a mini dance party because the weekend is near]. If you know me, you know that I L O V E wine. There are at least 16 bottles on top of my fridge so I never forget the names of something new, I have a selection of 4+ bottles for guest to choose from when visiting my home and if you’re ever having a dinner party, I’m the person who brings the wine. Safe to say, I’m a bit of a wine lover. So you can only imagine my excitement when I found Winc. A monthly wine subscription service that delivers hand-picked bottles to your door. Not only are you getting wine that you will love, you don’t have to search through the 500+ plus bottles in some of your local grocery stores just to find something new. So, let me tell you how it works.
- Create a palette profile – So simple, but so important. Answer 6 straight forward questions about your taste. How do you prefer your coffee? Salt Lover? Yes or no. Do you love those citrus flavors of fruit or not really? Simple enough, right?
- Get your recommendations – Once you complete the questions, you’ll be directed to a landing page where 4 bottles have been recommended based on the answers to your palette profile questions. The best part is – if you don’t care for the recommendations, feel free to swap out some other bottles until you’ve created the perfect set.
- Create your set – Add to your box then wait for it to be delivered. [Score your first Winc box for only $30 by using code “lotsofsass”]
Once you’ve completed these steps & snagged your first month $22 off with code lotsofsass. Now, you wait. Trust me when I say, the small wait is totally worth it. For my first box, I got matched with and chose these bottles: Wonderful White Blend, La Forza Super Tuscan, Chommie Cabernet Sauvignon and Forma De Vida. And to celebrate spring season, I invited two of my best girlfriends, grabbed the wine & some snacks, and headed out to a picnic in the park. We had the best time conducting our own little wine tasting, chatting about the pairings for each and enjoying a glass (or two or three or four..who’s counting anyway?). Here’s what we agreed on:
- Wonderful White Blend
- Our favorite white
- Snack best paired with: Cupcakes
- Meal best paired with: Seafood Pasta
- La Forza Super Tuscan
- Our favorite red
- Snack best paired with: Fresh baked brie
- Meal best paired with: Lemon chicken
- Chommie Cabernet Sauvignon
- Most full bodied wine
- Snack best paired with: Pepperoni and cheese spread
- Meal best paired with: Potluck roast
- Forma De Vida
- Prettiest label
- Snack best pair with: Pimento cheese and crackers
- Meal best paired with: Roasted chicken and veggies
Like you can imagine, we all had a a little bit of a different reaction to each wine, but were able to agree on the above notes. The best part was that since this box comes with multiple wines, there was something for each of us to enjoy. & I can ensure you, we enjoyed our time trying out Winc. Check out our time below 🙂
I hope you all enjoyed reading this post. I had so much fun putting this together and enjoying this time with friends, good eats and Winc wines. Don’t forget to use code lotsofsass to receive $22 off of your first month. trywinc.com/lotsofsass